Has anyone on this list bought the same car in the
advertised condition in the past 12 months for under
10K? I mean a car that looks like it's a year or two
old, not 20, and will attract attention wherever it
goes.

If you look at what it would cost to restore the body
of a well-used 300td to newish daily driver condition
you get up towards 5-6K pretty quickly in my neck of
the woods, if you want new metal and factory-level
paint. Add that to $3500 for the basic car and a grand
or three for various mechanicals and you are at 10K.
Hell, five years ago nice 300tds with 170K and
slightly dented-up bodies were selling for 8K around
here; hard to believe this one would be worth less
than 10 today.

Sure you can buy an old, well-used wagon for 5K or
less. But then you have an old, well-used car, not a
head turner. So come on, guys - put up or shut up -
who has bought a 1985 300tdt in excellent (i.e. likely
to win user's choice award at a meet, or one that a
Mercedes dealer would put in the showroom) condition
in the last 12 months? What did you pay? I want to
hear about it. Break out the camera and show us the
goods.

Karl
85 300td 126K

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4556974801