if you want to stop them from breaking, next time one breaks, save it. Drill a hole in the side of the air cleaner next to valve cover, mount the broken mount to the air cleaner so the rubber is jammed between the cleaner and valve cover, and it keeps it from vibrating as much and makes them last longer.

Christopher McCann wrote:
Kaleb,

We had a thread on this about 6 months ago. Marshall
said that since the engine AS IS operates with an
abundance of air, there is NO WAY it can increase
performance.

But I have been wondering if there is anyway it could
HARM the engine. I am tired of breaking air filter
mounts, of making do-dads to keep the damn thing from
breaking again, etc. My concern isn't performance but
the stupidest thing ever to come out of MB: the 126
air cleaner mounting apparatus.

Thoughts?

Christopher

--- "Kaleb C. Striplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38634&item=7981938573&rd=1

Christopher McCann
1985 300SD, 206K miles, "Wulf" http://don.homelinux.net/mbz/Chris
1976 240D, ManyK miles, "Siegfried"/AFTP: Alternative Fuels Test Platform
1998 Toyota Sienna CE, 99K miles, "The Van"
Raytown, Missouri