Ok Everybody,

I have a new 126 problem. The wipers stopped working last night in a rainstorm. This morning i checked fuses and the switch. I can hear the motor cycle or run. Fuse ok, switch ok. It appears that the arm on the motor is loose or has a sheared key.

I presume this has to be done by taking out the radio, dash, console, etc as the motor (and heater) is set in the firewall and the car was built around it. Anyone BTDT? On the 110/111/108/114/115 etc cars, the wiper motor had a tapered shaft, and all you needed to do was park the wipers and tighten the nut. Is this still the operation? 1986 300SDL

How do you get to the motor/nut? Is there any way to fix this without lots of time and Remove&Reassemble?

Loren Faeth
SDLx2
124TD
123x2