The part alone retails for $510.00. If your mechanic can do it for
"several" hundred, that sounds like a real bargain. My cost is over
$300.00. I would love to know his source.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 12:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [MBZ] Outside temp gauge 1994 E500

The outside temp gauge in my 1994 E500 rarely works, and when it does,
it does so intermittently, or only shows partial numbers. My mechanic
assures me that the problem is not the sensor in the front bumper, but
the read-out gauge itself. Replacement cost including labor is estimated
at several hundred dollars.

This is not an essential item, and for several hundred dollars, I can
guess at the outside temperature (which in Los Angeles doesn't vary all
that much anyway), but if someone has some information on this, I would
appreciate hearing.

Many thanks,

Joseph