[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I¹ve bid on quite a few Mercedes on Ebay recently and I always seem to be
bidding against someone with zero feedback.  It didn¹t bother me at first
but it seems that it is now happening all the time. Have any of you out
there noticed the same thing?

Sure. If the zero feedback bidder wins, however, I always save the auction
(or make sure not to delete it from my "My eBay" files) and check back to
see if the car shows up again. This could be a genuine non-payment, or of
course a case of a car that was not fetching enough so the dealer made sure
their shill came out as the high bidder. Obviously, I am talking about no
reserve auctions mainly.

Actually, eBay does respond to complaints about dealers who set up shills to
bid on all their auctions. A few guys in the MD area have been yanked for
that, but they weren't too smart about it. If you see the same user IDs
bidding up all the seller's auctions, over a period of time, report it.

But the clever guys won't get caught.

Mac