It's called price inflation (which, BTW, is not the
same as money supply infaltion, but that is a thread
we probably don't want to start).

The Byzantine Empire had NO inflation for about 800
years. Can you imagine a pair of shoes costing the
same today as they did in the year 1200? Inflation is
not inevitable, it is created.

Christopher

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I've noticed that as the price of gas goes up so do
> my wages. 20 years ago
> when I made $15.00 an hour gas was a buck and
> change. Now that I make $30
> something an hour, gas is two bucks and change. If
> gas prices returned to "normal",
> would I have to take a cut in wages? When I started
> driving gas was 29 cents
> per gallon. I wouldn't want to work for those wages
> again.
>
> Ken

> Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> From: "Kaleb C. Striplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [MBZ] price of diesel...interesting
> theory...
>
> yes, once something goes up, its VERY  hard to get
> the price down
> because they know people will pay it, take gas for
> example, I doubt we
> ever see it go below 2 a gallon again, much less
> back to normal at
> around 1.29

Christopher McCann, Raytown, Missouri
-1985 300SD, 207K miles, "Wulf" http://don.homelinux.net/mbz/Chris
-1976 240D, ManyK miles,  "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen
= Alternative Fuel Test Vehicle)
-1998 Toyota Sienna CE, 99K miles, "The Van"