On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 08:46:58AM -0700, Joe Knight wrote:
> About to head out to look at a set of 6 1/2 J X 15 H 2 8-holers to
> replace the rather tired looking originals on the wagon.  Assuming
> good cosmetics with only the most minor curb rash on a couple of them,
> Dayton tires @~60% tread, does $250 sound reasonable?  I'll probably
> be replacing the tires fairly soon anyway.  My current inclination is
> to stick w/ stock size tires.

Sounds like a reasonable price to me, Joe. I don't see any reason to vary
from stock size tires - neither of my 87s show any signs that the tire
can't keep up with the rest of the car. The daytons should suit you fine,
friends have run them on 5.0 mustangs which rely heavily on the tire to keep
the car pointed headlights forward.

Someone else mentioned lug bolts possibly being different - I don't expect
that they are - the difference I'm aware of is between 14 and 15" tires -
but the EPC will help you out - inside the wheel should be the part
number, and you can figure out what bolt should work for the wheels you have.
(At least, that is how I got the correct bolts for the 190D when I upgraded
it from the stock 14" wheels to the 15" wheels it has now).