Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:38:23 -0500
From: Don <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Bad Wheel Bearings?

Not everyone HAS access to YOUR extensive library of manuals,
Marshall, nor does our brain have the archive of tech tidbits like you
do. And not everyone knew about that LINK you referenced. Some of us
are still pretty new at this stuff. Remember, new folks pop onto the
list every day. Maybe some, like me a few years ago, just bought their
first Benz and are looking for an Obi.

When I first got my 240D a few years ago, helpful folks -- including
you -- sent me pfd files and gave gentle guidance. Patience and
hand-holding from online friends turned my heap into a reliable daily
driver. Somewhere along the way I purchased some CDs and could pretty
much take it from there.

Feel free to sigh "Idiot!" to yourself but don't beat up on the new
folks who are asking for help. If you'd not helped me a couple of
years ago, I'd have long ago junked the Benz and would now be driving
a Civic, instead of crossing the 225,000 mile threshold with another
200,000 to go (or cremation, whichever comes first) in my 240D.

Don