-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Roberto
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 3:52 PM
To: Lista Mercedes
Subject: [MBZ] No brake power after a short ride downhill

Hello guys

After play around adjusting the carbs on my just rebuild engine I decide
conquer the hill that beat me up last time, this time I won the figth I
reached the summit at almost 38 M/H easily, I made an U turn and at the
bottom of this homongus and steped hill I felt the brakes a little bit
more
spongi than normal but with a good stoping power, I also found havy
traffic
and after about ten minutes in the colum I got no braking power at all,
rode the car untill home about a mile and there was no brakes. I let it
there for about trhee days until last nigth when I rode the car near
home
just to found a very good stoping power, I was out for a short period of

time but the car perform well down hill inclusive.
Some body has an idea about what happened and if this could happend
againg ?
As a last piece of information, when I got home after the barke faliure,
noticed an unusual smell around the car, not burning oil but something
similar maybe with a touch of palstic odor style (sorry is very hard to
describe an odor), the barake fluid reservoir was filled to top, I could
not
find any leaks on the calliper oll around.
Waiting for a word of hope

Roberto