The car in question was an S420, I think -- age unknown at this point. The problem was the BODY harness, not just the engine harness (no power to an O2 sensor causing intermittant check engine light idling).

The warning was for ALL the harnesses at the computers (including the climate control) -- flexing the wiring would destroy it, and both engine and body harness would need to be replaced.

Terrible mistake, that wiring. Volvo owners are much, much to familiar with it -- I burned up a starter and neutral safety switch on the 740TD -- moved the harness and all the insulation fell out of the cover, none on the wires anymore.

Peter