  -----Original Message-----
  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 1:59 PM
  To: Mercedes mailing list
  Subject: Re: [MBZ] A/C Woes...the saga continues...

  Hey Royce,

  Sounds like it's a little low on colland and the cut off switch is doing
it's job. Do you have High and Low pressures? Is there ice buildup on the
receiver?

  If you want to diagnose this yourslef there is a great group with some
real experts to when it comes to AC. The group is on www.aircondtion.com.

  I did the AC on my vehicles and it's not that bad when you have a good
understanding and a team of experts backing you up.

  Like this group.

  George

    Talked to my indy yesterday. Using the OEM KLIMA relay seems to have
solved the shorting problem, and the a/c compressor engages, draws about 1/2
amp, and cools for a while.  After about 45 minutes, it "stops cooling", but
not because of a fried KLIMA relay as before.  He asked if I wanted to keep
going, and I told him yes, we need to get to the root cause of the problem.
Cha Ching....oh, well.  I can't live without A/C in Houston, and I'm not
ready to give up on the Shaggin Wagin.

    Royce Engler

    1985 300TD Turbo 265K

    There are only three bad things about Houston.  June, July and August.