Hi Sue,

Just another note from your bottom-dwelling brother.

Last week I had a bad day at the office. I know you've been

feeling down lately at work, so I thought I would share my dilemma

with you to make you realize it's not so bad after all. Before I can

tell you what happened to me, I first must bore you with a few

technicalities of my job.

As you know, my office lies at the bottom of the sea. I wear a suit to

the office. It's a wetsuit. This time of year the water is quite cool.

So what we do to keep warm is this: We have a diesel powered industrial

water heater.

This $20,000 piece of equipment sucks the water out of the sea.

It heats it to a delightful temperature. It then pumps it down to

the diver through a garden hose, which is taped to the air hose. Now

this sounds like a darn good plan, and I've used it several times

with no complaints.

What I do, when I get to the bottom and start working, is take the

hose and stuff it down the back of my wetsuit. This

floods my whole suit with warm water. It's like working in a Jacuzzi.

Everything was going well until all of a sudden, my butt started

to itch. So, of course, I scratched it. This only made things

worse.

Within a few seconds my butt started to burn. I pulled the hose out

from my back, but the damage was done. In agony I

realized what had happened. The hot water machine had sucked up

a jellyfish and pumped it into my suit.

Now, since I don't have any hair on my back, the jellyfish

couldn't stick to it. However, the crack of my butt was not as

fortunate.

When I scratched what I thought was an itch, I was actually grinding

the jellyfish into the crack of my butt. I informed the dive

supervisor of my dilemma over the communicator. His instructions were

unclear due to the fact that he, along with five other divers, were all

laughing hysterically.

Needless to say I aborted the dive. I was instructed to make three

agonizing in-water decompress ion stops totaling

thirty-five minutes before I could reach the surface to begin my

chamber dry decompression.

When I arrived at the surface, I was wearing nothing but my brass

helmet. As I climbed out of the water, the medic, with tears

of laughter running down his face, handed me a tube of cream and told

me to rub it on my butt as soon as I got in the chamber. The cream

put the fire out, but I couldn't poop for two days because my butt was

swollen shut.

So, next time you're having a bad day at work, think about how much

worse it would be if you had a jellyfish shoved up

your butt.

Now repeat to yourself, "I love my job, I love my job, I love my

job".