jgiels wrote:
you can go to a health food store and buy any quanity you want, I think I bought enough for $6 or $8.

douglas.. 300D

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Robbins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 7:39 AM
Subject: [MBZ] Citric Acid Flush

How much citric acid do I need to flush the cooling system?

Local MB dealer has 1 lb in stock for ~$19.  Can get it online for $2-3 a
lb, but have to order 5+ pounds...

Also, I've heard mention of a drain plug on the engine block.  Is this
basically the block heater or have I missed something?

Thanks!!
John
'79 300SD

About a kg (2.2 lb) is correct, but the precise concentration is not vital. Any amount between say a pound and 4-5 lbs (0.5 to 2 kg) will clean out the most any Mercedes cooling system. Be sure you flush the system well several times to insure that all the acid is GONE. The drain plug is on the passenger's side of the engine just in front of the starter motor.

Marshall
'87 300TD 181Kmi,'87 190D 2.5 199Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 227Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 159Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 234kmi
      Diesel Technical Advisor MBCA, member GWSection
    http://www.dhc.net/~pmhack/mercedes/mbooth1.htm