I was at my local benz dealer a few years back and I saw a new 350SD engine
sitting in the parts department.  I asked them about it, they said it is a
factory replacement and cost around $7500.  They also said the guy who ordered
it
for his car had already gone through 2 engines.  -Dan

In a message dated 8/8/2005 12:33:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,