Mine is $170 something per year. Remember, a 40 year old 36 foot powerboat.
At least mine is in really good shape. I can't imagine paying that for a piece
of junk that barely floats.  The price is based on length and age. Condition
makes no difference.

In a message dated 8/10/2005 4:21:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> Unless your vehicle happens to be a boat where the tags are still based on
a mythical
> "value" determined by the state.

In Michigan, it's based on length and power. If your sailboat has an aux
engine,
the registration is the same as a powerboat of the same size. I think it was
less
than $20 for three years on my 16' Hobie Cat, but a friend's 29' sailboat with
Atomic 4 backup power is over $200 IIRC.