[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> I do most of my radio listening via the Internet -- AirAmericaRadio,
> BBC, etc. This is stuff that you can't get on normal broadcast band.
>
> But I don't want to be tied to my desktop computer all of the time.
>
> Would it be possible to design a small low-power FM transmitter that
> hooked into the computer (maybe a PCI card?) that would broadcast
> RealPlayer audio output within the space of a house?  I'd certainly
> buy one!

No need to design anything, your solution is available off the shelf.

You could buy a small broadcast device designed to be used by ipod/mp3
players that plug into the sound out port, made by several vendors, this
broadcasts on the FM band.  Plug this into the sound out on your computer.
Get small portable radio, or walkman like device to receive broadcast
signal.

Dan Elliott
82 300D-T 84kmi