  -----Original Message-----
  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 7:19 AM
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Subject: Re: [MBZ] diesel prices

  In a message dated 8/16/2005 9:35:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

    I like to blame the people driving the monster SUVs with only one person
in the car that I see commuting every day. I also like to blame automakers
that are so slow to respond to changes in the market. General Motors
responds to slumping SUV sales by restyling. Apparently nobody at the
general has noticed gas prices...
    I seem to remember something maybe a year ago where the automakers were
saying that it would take a year of gas prices above $2 a gallon to make SUV
and truck sales slump. I haven't heard anything about that in quite awhile.
Anybody else remember that?

  If you were to compare SUV's and such to smaller cars, figuring in the
amount of oil used in making the huge plastic parts also, I wonder what the
total oil consumption over the life of the vehicles would average out to.
Not very scientific but probably pretty eye-opening for some.
   I think alot of the SUV craze goes along with convenience.  I watched a
woman one day filling her huge Excursion with the cheapest gas she could
get, at the time just over $2.00, all the while just a bitchin' about the
price of gas.  I then walked over to her, asked how much she paid for the
bottle of water she was drinking($1.19) and then pointed out that, for
convenience, she had paid around 8 times as much for that bottled water than
she was paying per gallon for gasoline.  She stared at me, looked at the
water bottle and said"Oh well" and went right back to complaining about the
gas.  As long as it's convenient pay for it with a credit card and
bitch....It's the American way......;>(

  Disgusted with credit and tired of hearing people complain while driving
10mpg gallon trucks, Mike