Dieselvolk,

In my desperate current desparate state (no AC in my wagon) I'm considering the purchase of subject named automobile. Price is right, lady is selling it due to an electrical problem, description of condition indicates a decent runner with working AC. No idea on the mileage, I'll be looking at the car later in the week.

So, as far as I can tell without having seen the car, it's a 123.033 with 110.998 engine?? I think that it is a grey market import because of the five speed - can anyone confirm of one could purchase a 280E in 1981 at the dealership? With a 5 speed transmission?

According to the 1985 TDM, engine is 110.988 (in years 83-84-85). According to another source, engine is 110.984, and 280E was sold in US from 1977-1981, but the second source is a little flaky.

Any information about this particular model would be appreciated, including mileage, fuel system (carbs or fuel injection).

Very respectfully,
/s/
LCDR Meade M. Dillon, USNR
'85 300TD 323k miles (Euro 5spd)
'96 Infiniti I30 150k miles (wife's 5spd)
'73 Balboa 20 'Sanctification'
Charleston SC