In a message dated 8/17/2005 2:41:35 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Hey  Jim,
Would those numbers be the same for a W126 300SD?  Are those  numbers
dependant upon a certain ambient temperature?  Are these  numbers on a
MB AC manual or this is generally?

Lynn
(got the  R12, got the hoses, waiting on the gauges to arrive any day now)

On  7/24/05, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:

> In a message dated 7/24/2005 4:43:19 P.M. US  Mountain Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> Can  anyone tell me what the pressures should be for a 126 300SDL running
>  134a?  High/Low
>

> I would look for 30 to 50 PSI on  the suction side and 200 to 350  on the
> high side.   Pressures would run towards the high side of the range with a
> fully  loaded AC.

Lynn,

The numbers are general for all R134  AC systems.   As I  note, the pressures
would scale towards the higher end of the range as the  system loads up,
which would include rising ambient temperature.  If you  are looking in a book
you
won't find too many 126s that ran R134 from the  factory.  What year is
yours?  SD or SDL, makes little  difference.

I note you have R!2, do you also have some proper mineral oil?  Many  times,
a slow leak will be dealt with by adding freon every season , but the oil  is
also leaking out and sooner or later, the compressor will die!  2 ounces  of
oil will often save the day!  With R12, Pressures will run about 10 PSI  lower
on the suction side and maybe as much as 50 PSI lower on the high  side.

Good luck,

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ  (only hit 104 today!)
79 300SD, 261 K miles