mixed 1 part A-1 sauce (stuff from barrel
remanufacturer - mostly motor oil and tranny oil,
unused) with 1 part D2...blended perfectly. Then put
that mix along with straight d2 in the freezer
overnight...both were thicker by morning, but the
a-1/d2 mix seemed a little more thicker...but if you
measured the CHANGE in viscosity from room temp to
freezer temp, the a-1 mix gained less viscosity than
the d2 only. I can imagine that if that were
extrapolated (with more data points), the a-1 mix
would remain liquid at colder temps than d2
alone...sure of it.
NOW - the a-1 mix created nothing strange at first,
but after taking out of the freezer and letting it
warm up a bit, there was a white ring forming next to
the glass, which you could swhish around..the white
stuff remained visible. I saved a sample, along with
the sample of the odd (fat? water?) droplets from my
first experiment mixing various dino oils, D2, used
and unused veggie oil.
Wonder how much it would cost to have this stuff
identified with a spectrometer?...............

Pax,

Christopher McCann, Raytown, Missouri
-1985 300SD, 209K miles, "Wulf"
(http://www.pictureblogger.com/My-1985-Mercedes-Benz-300SD)
-1976 240D, ManyK miles,  "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen
= Alternative Fuel Test Vehicle)
-1998 Toyota Sienna CE, 99K miles, "The Van"

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs