Hey Russ,

I can probably hit the 42 degrees at 3000 RPM's right now without making any
adjustments, except moving the vacuum line.

As it stands the vacuum is always on and is currently on the retard side of the
distritubutor. It is set to 800 RPM 4 ATDC as stated by the book & plate on
frame. If I remove the vacuum the timing moves up to about 10 BTDC but is
cyling at about 1200 RPM (going from memory right now. might be alot higher)
I'm sure if I move the vacuum to the advance port it will be in the 42 degree
range and IDELING at 3000 RPM.

So my question is where do I set my idle speed? is it 800 RPM 8 BTDC? or do I
attach the vaccum to advance, and bring the RPMs down with the idle screw on
the carbs? If so down to 800? 1000? ...

Do I lock down the distributor as is or do I still need to fiddle with it?

Thanks

George