[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Marshall,

Thanks for the info.  I know remember that the 'E' means fuel injection on this
car - my Dad taught me that once but it was pushed deep into the memory banks
by all the 'D' information I've been gathering.

How will I be able to tell if this engine is a Euro engine with the higher HP?
Look for the .984 or .988, right?  I'll plug the VIN into the MBUSA EPC and see
if there is a vehicle data card, then compare engine numbers I guess.

Anyone have a full-up version of the Euro EPC (I think that the Compact version
(single disc) does not have the vehicle data cards, right?)?

Use this: http://www.mbclub.ru/mb/vin/?lng=eng

gave me LOTS of info about my '85 190D 2.0

Marshall

'87 300TD 181Kmi,'87 190D 2.5 199Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 227Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 159Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 234kmi
      Diesel Technical Advisor MBCA, member GWSection
    http://www.dhc.net/~pmhack/mercedes/mbooth1.htm