  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 11:10 AM
  Subject: [MBZ] No torque (was 72 250 no vacuum advance)

  Hi all,

  I moved the vacuum from retard to advance,  RPM's are at 1800 at idle and 52'
@ 4500 RPM w/Advance just like the manual states.

  Took her out for a spin. Everything was great until I reached the first stop.
Then she stalled. took quite an effort to get her going again. I think because
there was a little dip in the road.

  Brought her back to my place and stopped on the driveway. The driveway is a
little incline, about 30'. No matter what I did, the car did not have any power
to get up the hill. Flooring the pedal did nothing.

  i had to put it in reverse to a flat spot and get a running start.

  Any ideas?

  Thanks

  George