Yeah... what Mitch said. My W123 gave no warning and locked up while
my wife was driving the car out of state last year. Despite heroic
efforts from family to make the lock turn, the car ended up being
towed to an indy shop who was NOT happy to see what had happened, and
they demanded $600 for the privilege of making the key work again. I
was not happy either.

:-/

-Dave M.