On that note, I was attending an unveiling of the at the time new r129 at MBNA headquarters in Montvale and a discussion had ensued about the newer MBs and computers among some of the attendees and MB officals there. It was said that in the upcoming w140, there would be more computers on that car than in the first manned space craft. What is all of this technology in aid of, besides costing millions of dollars and making cars less dependable in the long run? Oh, wait, these cars are no longer designed for the long haul. Seems they are to be disposable just like a good old Bic lighter. Sad.

Mathieu

At 12:28 PM 8/19/2005, you wrote:
Christopher McCann wrote:

> What worries me is when the cars that most of us have
> are very hard to find (10 years)...then what - a 320
> CDI that is wired like the space shittle? (pun
> intended). It makes me want to stockpile 300D's for my
> kids. oh well. ranting done.

I'd rather the space shuttle.  As of a few years ago, they were still greatly
relying on the venerable 486 processor for most of the computer systems. Old,
yes, but proven and reliable through the years.

It may go into space, but the tech that gets it there is far from cutting edge.

--
John L. Ervine
1981 240D 4-spd 267+kmi