Having said that, my entire keychain weighs 93 grams, 5 keys and a CPR
shield. The mercedes key being the heaviest item.

Ken

In a message dated 8/20/2005 8:58:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
From: "Wilton Strickland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] Switch tumblers, etc.
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This is not an urban myth.  This is absolute fact.
Several years ago, my wife burned out the starter in our 80 240D by letting
a very heavy key ring hang so that the key could not return to the
ON/RUNNING position from the START position.  The weight hanging on the
right hand side of the key held it in the START position, of course, keeping
the starter running as she drove along.  Again, it was a HEAVY key ring.
LESSON:  BE VERY CAREFUL USING HEAVY KEY RINGS.  BEST NOT TO USE THEM.

Wilton