Darrell:

1. I used to have "1977 240D" in my signature line but it seems to
have gone away. I will have to fix that.

2. It WAS the switch reset. I now remember having to reset that once
before but it had totally slipped my mind. A quick push in of the
switch (why do they make that so thin and needle-like?) turned off the
warning light. ... I am such an optimist that I had already checked
the prices for a new master cylinder.

3. I think someone mentioned this before, but WalMart does stock
5-quart jugs of the Truck/SUV Mobil 1. There was some concern on the
list (Marshall's name comes to mind) by some that this would only be
available in quarts. Bought a 5-quart jug today while I was at WalMart
getting my vision checked* and just did an oil change. 5300 miles
between changes; probably safe for mostly in-town driving @ 35 mph and
below.

* = My eyesight is improving for some reason. Left contact went from
-1.25 to -.50 & right contact went from -.75 to -.25. I can now see
literally to the horizon without any blurring. Perhaps frequent
exposure to #2 diesel  and Mobil 1 fumes improves visual acuity. My
eyes were getting progressively worse when I was driving an Acura. I
had my last eye exam about the same time that I got my 240D.

Thanks.

--
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane.