OK -- the nuts on my '87 are captive. I was preparing for the worst,
when I discovered that they were captive, to my great joy.

My meaning was that I would replace all  other gaskets. Te valve cover
gasket is the only one I'd plan on re-using. Now I've re-used other
gasket due emergency situations (such as lack of proper planning), but
I don't plan it that way.

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK