I do mine by topic and political persuasion. For example, top shelf is
cookbooks. Traditional cookbooks such as The Joy Of Cooking are on the right
side. The more liberal cookbooks such as Laurel's Kitchen and The New
Vegetarian are of course on the left. I have a copy of Eat The Rich on the
shelves somewhere but apparently it was mis-filed and can't be located right
now.

Same with the third shelf from the top, philosophy and religion. All of my
Bob Jones University approved books are on the right. [I am thinking of
adding one wall-mounted shelf further right of the bookcase so these can be
far right and not have to associate with any other books.] Walden Pond, Karl
Marx Selected Writing (it was a college class at George Mason University)
and The Life of Mahatma Gandhi positioned toward the left.

--
1977 240D
1972 Honda CB-500K motorcycle

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane.