I've been going over all the 'little' stuff on an '85 SD that I'm getting daily
driver-worthy for a friend.   I believe the trunk lock cylinder has failed, but
maybe there's just some dumb detail I'm missing.   When we first looked over
the car, the trunk was unlocked & opened w/ a push of the button.   it's
possible that it was locked afterwards with the key.  A week or so later, the
key will only go (at best) 1/2-way in and the button pushed but as if it is
locked (ie, with no response).   So, my questions are:

1.  Is there an emergency release/unlock method for the trunk?

2.  If not, what's the least destructive way to get into the trunk to unlock it
from the inside?

3.  Could this be tied to the central locking system (which, btw, does not
appear to work at all) & is there a way to activate/unlock the trunk this way
(like, hitting the right vacuum line w/ the right suction or pressure) ?

4.  What other models are the SD trunk lock cylinders interchangeable with?
(240?  300D?   at least all W126 cars I would guess...)

thanks
-chris