My electric auxiliary fan had been making more noise than usual this
year, so I finally got around to changing it (sure is nice to have a
parts car to swipe this stuff from, lol... and, uh, sorry Rusty!)
Anyway, I found the mother of all dust bunnies hiding behind the fan:

http://www.w124performance.com/images/W124_stuff/condenser_crud.jpg

There was a decent amount of bug parts everywhere else too. I picked
out all the big stuff, brushed the fins with a toothbrush, un-bent the
fins with a small screwdriver, and then blew things clean with
compressed air (sorry, forgot to take an "after" photo.) I had the
radiator out this past winter when the engine was pulled so I know
things were clean betwixt that and the condenser, but if you have
never pulled your radiator, TRUST ME, there is a pile of crap hidden
that will shock you. This affects both cooling system performance as
well as A/C performance, so it's worth a look!

:-)

Best regards,

--
Dave M.