[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Oh yeah, that'd look good. Texas car imported to Canada in October (on
> paper) and then reimported back into the US the following August! LOL!

Actually, don't laugh at that. I imported a Volvo wagon with a Mustang GT
5.0 engine and BW T-5 gearbox in June 2001, from Arizona, and sold it back
to a guy in Virginia in October of the same year.

Makes the re-import to the USA work like a greased duck. Otherwise you have
to pay a customs broker your first born child and the option on your second,
to do all the paperwork (if the car is under 25 yrs), PLUS you have to get a
compliance letter from Mercedes Benz Canada. If you can prove it was
exported from the U.S., it's no hassle at all.

Mac