And THAT, David, is why I'm not interested in bypass filters. You do
get near-virgin oil in the engine at all times, but there's nearly
zero cost savings over just using extended drain intervals. Changing
the TP every 2.5k and adding a quart would be somewhat of a nuisance
to me. I would consider doing this if I bought a vehicle new that I
wanted to keep for 500kmi, but otherwise, it's not my cup o' tea.

=)

-dm