1. anything can be stolen and used for an evil purpose
by someone else.
2. 7 weeks of law classes and you recommend someone to
pump their mossberg to clear the house?!?!?!?!!!! In
Missouri, that is called ESCALATION and if the bad guy
pulls a gun on you to defend HIMSELF against your
pumped Mossberg and then you shoot him - YOU GO TO
JAIL.
3. Most cops I have spoken to have ALOT more respect
for gun owners, maybe you've just run into alot of
idiots (which is possible, although I have not).
4. shotguns are quite indescriminate and would rather
stick with an AR carbine with telescoping stock which
will not overpenetrate, you WILL hit your target and
can be operated very handily even by my little wife.
5. you shoot people who are trying to kill you, not
people making noise in the living room, even univited
people at night.
6. "I am sure..." You're a cop. That's your job -
dealing with the horrible shit that idiots and
criminals do...but to transpose that onto MOST gun
owners is unfair.
7. weapons are unsed in self-defense in the US about 2
million times per year - 99% of the time a shot is
never fired. THe vast majority of these incidences are
never reported, so YUO don't see that, but you should
think about it...cuz otherwise you'd be picking up
alot more dead bodies of innocent victims.

Pax,

Christopher

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> sirs
>  the reality or this matter is you are no safer with
> a gun in your  home than
> without as a matter of fact firearms can and have
> been used against  the
> owner either by a thief ( rarely) or during a
> domestic disturbance  ( common)
> my point here is a crook breaks
> it might be at 4:00 am will a person be able to do
> all of the necessary
> stuff quickly,quietly and legally
> think about it... you are sound a sleep and all of
> the sudden your  wife
> wakes you and all hell breaks loose  can a gun be
> retrieved  loaded police called
> and on and on???
>  and what if you found later it was your son
> sneaking in from a late  night
> with his buddies ????
> I have more guns than the navy
>  I don't want ppl to be disarmed ...ever
>  what I want is for folks to at least understand is
> guns can and often  are
> stolen  and later used against regular ppl
> it seems like most ppl who own firearms never
> receive any training in the
> care storage and use of them ( just going off to a
> range or shooting a few
> rounds off into the woods aint gonna get it
> AND HAVE NOOOOOO IDEA  of the law
>
>  it is my strongly held belief for home protection a
> 410 pump  shotgun with
> 00 buckshot is really the way to go
> A its is intimidating as hell ... you rack a pump
> gun in any house
> EVERYTHING STOPPS!!!!
> B  it has the unequaled stopping power of a 41.cal.
> magnum
>  C it for all of its power  can be fired quite
> comfortably  by a woman
> D ammo is cheep
>   it can also be used to hunt ,sport shoot , and the
> gun does not cost  a lot
> to get the thing
> ideally it could be loaded, and locked with the
> cable lock made by mossberg
> running thru the action so it could not be closed
> and therefore fired the  gun
> can be locked to a radiator or something heavy in a
> bed room
> multiple keys then made and placed  in strategic
> locations  .. unlocking is
> simple
>
>  lastly
>  by the time recruits are taught anything about
> firearms its AFTER 7  MONTHS
> OF ....LAW
> LAW...LAW!!
>   our "one hour firearms  course" has been expanded
> to 3 weeks!  500 rounds
> in the morning, 500 rounds in the afternoon
> weapon retention , combat shooting, judgement,
> firearm safety, cleaning
> ,action drills,
>  then go run  (fast)... stop!!! draw weapon and
> shoot accurately...
>    it goes on and on
>  I am sure  you had the same training we did
>  I an sure you have actually picked up dead kids all
> shot to hell
> [...]

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-1985 300SD, 209K miles, "Wulf"
(http://www.pictureblogger.com/My-1985-Mercedes-Benz-300SD)
-1976 240D, ManyK miles,  "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen
= Alternative Fuel Test Vehicle) DISCLAIMER: DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! I AM A
PROFESSIONAL IDIOT, I THINK.
-1998 Toyota Sienna CE, 99K miles, "The Van"