yep, will give that a try.

Kevin wrote:

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 04:50:07PM -0500, Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:

Got a 69 250 and have not messed with it too much since I have had it. Used to start it very once in a while and it would usually fire right up. Then it got to where you had to pump the hell out of the pedal then crank it and it would start. Now you have to pour a little gas down the carbs a couple of times then it will start and run. Shut if off and try to restart right away and no start. Dont know a thing about carbs but anybody have any idea what the problem could be? Need to see about a procedure for going thru and setting the carbs up correct. For all I know they might need to be rebuilt.

Sound all gummed up to me, and like everyone else said, you probably
have old gas in the tank which isn't making anything any better.

Provided there aren't soft parts inside the carb, and provided you have dealt
with the stale gas issue, blasting the snot out of both carbs with carb
cleaner will likely solve the problem. DO NOT DO THIS IF PARTS OF THE CARB
AREN'T FRIENDLY WITH CARB CLEANER, like a variable venturi ford, and don't
ask how I know that (at least it wasn't me or my car, I was just making sure
the beer didn't get warm).

The fact that it will continue to run after gas was poured down it rules
out a fuel pump, the engine would die immediately after running the carb
dry if it was the fuel pump. The problem is either the carbs themselves
being dirty, or bad fuel.