If it's anything like the BMW V12, there are two separate computer boards, one for each cylinder bank. The BMW uses the same engine management parts as their 6-cyl engines use, just in tandem. The bank controllers don't talk to each other and are removable, held into circuit board carriers with securing tabs. Anyone who's ever worked on a mini or mainframe (or an Apple Lisa) would recognise this setup.

This is PURE speculation, but you might want to see if a computer from an E300 would do it (if you have easy access to a later E300 or S300). You may also want to see if swapping boards between banks moves the problem around. Then you can try to source just the requisite board from Bosch instead of the whole computer from MB.

D.

Russ wrote:
My Insurance guy has a 94 SL600 and its running like a 6cyl. Does anyone have a used control box for sale? Kaleb? I don't know the part # for the box he needs, but I can find out if you think you have it. I did point him to Rusty. The dealer told him $7K for the box! ( I told him he could most likely buy 2 mint 300SD's for that price!) Russ H.