> Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 13:28:23 -0400
> From: "RAH" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [MBZ] WTB the control box that makes V12 run like a 6cyl.
> My Insurance guy has a 94 SL600 and its running like a 6cyl. Does anyone
have a used control box for sale? Kaleb? I don't know the part # for the box
he needs, but I can find out if you think you have it. I did point him to
Rusty. The dealer told him $7K for the box! ( I told him he could most
likely buy 2 mint 300SD's for that price!) Russ H.

Hi Russ,
Tell him not panic, yet! Unless of course the codes have been already pulled
and there was no one of way too many silly reasons for the contol box to go
into limp home mode!

Three years ago it took me from sun down until four in the morning to cover
the distance from Dallas to Temple, Texas because I opened the gas tank cap
while the engine was still running!!

If he does not have one already, tell him to invest in a hand held scanner
specifically made to read and clear the MB fault codes. There is a good
chance that he may have commited one of those silly faux pas MB does not
approve of.

Good luck,

Omar.