For dodge manuals:

88-93 five speed was a getrag. Fine until something happens, then really
expensive. Towing in fifth or lugging in fifth makes this happen a LOT sooner.
94-02 five speed (standard output 24 valves got the five speed not the six) was
an NV4500. Also had problems with fifth gear falling off, but a far stronger
and more serviceable transmission. Jim might have some comments about the
repair, I think his had fifth gear fall off on them.
98.5-05 or 06 six speed was an NV5600, which added the 'missing' gear in the
five speed, and was a lot stronger.