From: Gary Hurst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Dog food saga
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Date: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 7:34 PM

there you have it.  a product you can believe in from a seller you can believe
in.  wasn't that the way we all shopped a long time ago in a place far, far
away?

schwinn bicylcle from the local shop. stetson hat.  bulova watch from
the neighborhood jeweler.  your sunday suit, the cheap one you got when your
dad bought the hickey freeman.  all purchased on main street of your home
town.  (i grew up in queens, but everything was purchased in our neighborhood
from our neighbors, in our "home town".  the dry cleaner was an old german,
montag, who lived across the street.  our grocer was a jew from north africa
who went by 'jack" who also lived across the street and mostly spoke a language
he said was "ladino" but we couldn't care less as he had two very hot daughters
who were a lot more interesting to us than "ladino" and its history.  and my
friendly mailman, "joe", who i learned later was actually "jose" but back in
the 60s and 70s, jose went by joe, who knew EVERYONE in our zip code by name
and address)

that world is totally dead.  now we buy chinese junk at walmart where the staff
turns over monthly and no one has any idea who you are.  are we better off
today?  i guess as it is the world we have chosen, but sometimes you kinda miss
the old downtown and that way of life, no?

i believe aubuchon owns hardware.com.  the plan is good as long as the dog
likes and does well on the food.