You have to ask yourself exactly what function the President has in our
country.

He is nothing more than a cheerleader -- keep the nation happy. He/(she)
wields no real power. Fly around the world meeting other powerless
figureheads. Make speeches. Make us feel like we are good folks doing good
in the world.

Bush/2 has broken the mold, or perhaps Chaney. He/they actually managed to
make a major impact on the world, in spite of the Legislative branch. And in
doing so, managed to create absolute chaos.

We shall hope that history does not repeat itself.

McCain is an honorable man. I really like him as a person. However, I fear
his speeches will lead us further down the troubled road in which we are
already mired.

Assuming my thesis is correct, then Obama is a much better speaker.

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 10:48 PM, Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Wonko the Sane wrote:
> > On whom would you like to bet your children's future?
>
> Neither of those turkeys, but at least we have adequate history to judge
> McLame
> by. I'm still astounded that somebody can sit down in the Senate in 2005
> and be
> a major party nominee for President in 2008 without accomplishing anything
> between.

LT Don
http://don.homelinux.net/~don/

apt-get update