Curt wrote:

"Seasoned firewood is $250-$350 a cord, walnut would probably be on the high
side of that. A HUGE tree should be 3 cords anyway so lets say $900...
You're still right though, terrible to waste it as firewood."

I didn't know that and apparently neither did my father in law.  He brought me
a pickup load of walnut to burn in our fireplace.  It had been sitting around
their house seasoning.  It was cut into unsplit 14-16 inch logs and it was too
big to put into their wood burning stove. He said it was too hard to split (and
it was, ask me how I know).  I had a fireplace and loved to burn it. It burned
hot and long. The funny thing is someone from his church (he is the Pastor)
who sells firewood for extra money gave it to him.

Donald H. Snook