New grille assembly complete $130
New radiator $233

------Original Message------
From: Rick Hawkins Java
Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
ReplyTo: Mercedes Discussion List
Sent: Jul 13, 2008 3:40 AM
Subject: [MBZ] 300td deerslayer

Folks,

My 1982 300TD and i met a deer, essentially in downtown Washington,
Georgia. It was about dusk. It took out the headlight doors
(surrounds), the grill, bowed the a/c condensor and pressed the
radiator into the fan. And knocked the belt off the p. steering too.

I was only going maybe 30 or 40 mph if that.

The large doe, i think, did a flip and hopefully died in the ditch.

I turned up a dead end side road and there was a georgia state patrol
man hiding.

He was friendly and amazed when he realized that i was going to pull
everything out and continue on my trip.

He even gave me a hand and pulled on the bent radiator support with me

Anyway, I pulled it out and the holes in the radiator were only about
1/3 of the way down, so  i was able to make Tybee Island with a
number of water fillups. It was a nite trip so it was fairly cool. No
overheating.

So, here's what i need.

Grill complete from 300D (decent looking with installation bolts if
possible

most important I need a radiator for 1982 300TD (i assume the 300D is
the same)

mine is a behr and has oil cooler (removable on the side ) and
transmission lines attach to the bottom

please contact me off list [EMAIL PROTECTED]  if you have any of this

thanks,

xx rick
Rick Hawkins

www.javaphoto.com