Curt Raymond wrote:
> Its so what until you lose YOUR job because somebody cut their prices
> too low...

Welcome to the modern world of globalization! ;)

> I can't believe anybody ever goes into a Wal-Mart. I feel stupider
> the second I go in. There is no concept of customer service there as
> the poor bastards that work there are treated worse than dirt. The
> problem is they are convinced they need all the crap they buy there
> so they work to pay their bosses. I dated a girl in college who
> worked at a Wal-Mart during the summer. She was treated terribly and
> could have gotten a better job but was terrified at losing her
> employee discount. I tried to explain that if she just didn't buy so
> much junk she didn't need she wouldn't need the discount...

When I go to Wal-Mart (and I do 99% of my household shopping there), I
am not going for customer service or advice on devices.  I go there, get
stuff off of shelves, pay, and leave.  The only customer service I want
is stocked shelves and enough cashiers (and that is totally manager
dependent... some are great some are horrible).  My brother worked in
the electronics department with cellphones.  Can you believe people
actually go to Wal-Mart to get Sprint/ATT/etc service?  I don't go to
Wal-Mart for that (the people who do are crazy)...

A lot about Wal-Mart is determined by the manager,etc.  In Huntsville
there is one Wal-Mart that is horrible, super busy, narrow isles, filthy
floors, not enough cashiers, etc.  A few miles down the road there is
one that is the total opposite.

My brother wasn't addicted to buying Wal-Mart's stuff at least.  He's on
his way back from his physical to join the Navy.

John