Hey Tom,

Yes they are the evil & dreaded Zeniths.

I know there is a proper tool to measure the amount of fuel that gets squirted
out. Anybody knows if I can get / make one?

Looks like the way the are adjusted is by bending the leaver up & down
http://jaimekop.com/CarbManual/Page06-07/Fig3.jpeg correct? or are they moving
it lef to right ?

Thanks

George

It sounds like your carburetor acceleration circuit is not pumping enough
volume. These are the Zenith carbs, right? IIRC, they have an acceleration
pump. Make sure the pump is delivering a proper volume of fuel. I think the
pumps can be adjusted. It has been a long time since I worked on these
carburetors: I had a '67 230 with dual Zeniths about 10 years ago.

Thomas E. Potter
Telephone: (713) 215-2877
Fax: (713) 215-2551