Took my yearly 2000+ mile trip to Oklahoma and back last weekend. Averaged 33.5 mpg with a high of 37.5 and a low of 28.5. The low was on a tank of 11% BioDiesel (actually when mixed into what was already there, it was more like 6-7%). That's consistent with what I've heard and read, but contrary to what I'd read, the several tankfuls of biodiesel I had previously used (all 20% from the Navy Annex station in Arlington VA) had given me economy at least equal to conventional #2.

I averaged about 70 mph for most of the trip (sustained speeds of between 55 and 85 mph at different times). I was driving my 190D 2.5 turbo and running the AC almost continuously (outside temps between high 70s and mid 90s).

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.
Ass't Prof. (ret.)