It's not my first MB.....

I've owned three before: a 1966 190D fintail, a 1974 240D, and a 1979
280E.

EVERYTHING still worked in those cars, except the gas engine blowing
up in the 280E. None of them
had ever been restored, or owned by someone with the money or
mechanical skill to fix broken stuff.
They all just still worked... Especially the '74 240D, which I
recently sold. Of course it's only 34 years old
but I couldn't imagine EVERYTHING breaking suddenly in the next 6
years, after 34 years of reliable operation....

I don't find it hard to believe that all 5 (sarcasm) of the moving
parts on a W115 240D would still work
after 40 years....

Tyler