You are forgetting something there, while Porsche has survived alot and
considers themselves very independent. VW on the other hand has taken companies
like Bentley which hasn't made a profit in years, turned them around and make
money from them. VW was the deep pockets for which helped Porsche survive the
rough times.

--
69 280 SEL 120,000 Miles
72 350SL   108,000 Miles