From: andrew strasfogel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <Mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 7:16 am
Subject: [MBZ] Foam-free AC hose

Playing with my new 1983 300TD, I discovered a couple glitches.

1. The insulating foam is completely missing from the metal AC pipe that
cuts across horizontally in front of the valve cover.  Is it possible to get
a replacement cladding to keep the line cool?  It would have to be able to
withstand high engine temperatures, of course.

2  I was unhappy because the AT shifted harshly (slingshot effect) and
clunked (rear axle noise) into fourth, and then again when stopping the car
it clunked into first.   My tech adjusted the vacuum so it stopped clunking
and shifted smoothly, except now it is "flaring" between 2nd and 3rd and 3rd
and 4th gears.  I traded one problem for another.  What's the fix?

1983 300TD (blue) hope to sell soon
New 1983 300TF (white, 318 K miles)