I think I know the results of this survey based on the audience. But, we will
see anyway.  I am selling my $500 Kaleb car Buick (for $1200) this week, and I
need to find a car.   I just pay cash and drive them for 6 months to a year.
Kaleb has a beater 86 300E which he is fixing up right now and will be selling
cheap. I haven't seen the car, yet.  I am sure it is decent (perhaps a little
rough, but it will be cheap).  So, here are my options:

1986 Mercedes 300E (has a few dents and dings) - don't know the mileage yet.

1998 Ford Taurus - boring, but reliable workhorse of a car.  Very good shape
with service records. 140,000 miles

1993 Cadillac Sedan Deville - perfect shape. Owned by 75 year old man who only
had it worked on at the Cadillac Dealer - service records 106,000 miles

1996 Volvo 850  142,000 miles very nice looking car.  NO service records

1998 Chevy Monte Carlo 3.1 V6 (pretty good engine usually long life 250,000
plus).  156,000 miles

1995 Cadillac SLS only 90K miles  -- very good shape, but Northstar engine can
have VERY expensive "midcase" oil leak.

1998-2000 Ford Crown Victoria - government fleet cars from the state of Kansas.
 NOT police cars, but other government use.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Donald H. Snook