Hi Peter,

According to my 1987 color chart:

900 = Deep Blue (non metallic)
904 = Midnight Blue (non metallic)
929 = Nautical Blue (metallic)

looking at the sample color chips on my chart, the 929 is slightly
lighter than the 900, but not drastically. I'd guess it's your eyes
deceiving you, or it might be some fading over the past 18 years.
There is no code 930 that year.

On a side note, my car is 904 (Midnight Blue), which everyone mistakes
for black except maybe in full sunlight. I don't know how many times
I've been asked 'hey, is that your black BMW out there?'  me: 'Uh, if
you mean the blue Mercedes, why yes it is...'

:-)

-Dave M.